NFL NFC North Breakdown

Here at SportsFansSpeak we love our football and we have another NFL Division breakdown for you. This time we will be breaking down the NFC North probably one of the better divisions not only in the NFC but the NFL. With four teams with a long history of winning and four impressive rosters this is sure going to be an interesting division to watch this season.

The entire NFC will be a tight race and it's a toss up for me who will win the conference and go on to the super bowl. I believe all of the teams in this division have potential to make it all the way to that championship game. If you feel like we are wrong in who we think will having good records in this conference than tell us why.

Chicago Bears: The Chicago Bears are an interesting team. They seemed to beef up their defensive line which will help them a lot as they ranked last in rushing yards allowed last season. Their team however will depend on Jay Cutler. Cutler has a tendency to throw a lot of interceptions in a season and although he only played in 11 games last year he threw 12 interceptions. He needs to cut that number down especially since there is not a lack of talent in the Bears' receiving corp. I expect Cutler to improve this season as well as the Bears' defense. With their schedule I only expect them to win a couple more games than last season going 9-7. The playoffs will be hard to get into as majority of teams in the NFL but particularly the NFC are very good.

Detroit Lions: The Detroit Lions are one of my picks this year to make it far in the NFC playoffs. Their offense looked excellent last season and I really liked how they went and picked up a proven receiver in Golden Tate to play alongside Calvin Johnson. I predict their running to game to improve with Reggie Bush and Joique Bell sharing that load. Something I'm excited to see this season will be this young defensive front seven. I really like the pickup of Kyle Van Noy in the draft, he will add even more pass rushing defense. The Lions will make the playoffs this year with a record of 12-4. They still have a lot to improve on but to me they seem like the best team coming out of the NFC North.

Green Bay Packers: The Packers are going to be an interesting team to watch. They lost some talent on that roster, especially on the offensive side of the ball, and they didn't add much to their team. I am not an Aaron Rodgers' fan, I think he's good but to me he is not an elite quarterback. I don't like his leadership and I don't like his skill set. Their defense is typically one of the best in the league but last season they were in the bottom third in both running and passing defense. They seem to be healthier with their front seven to start the season and they made improvements in their secondary. Despite the better defense I don't think this offense will run as smoothly as before, Eddie Lacy will have another good year rushing the ball but I don't know if they'll be good enough offensively to make the playoffs. I have them going 8-8 in this tough division.

Minnesota Vikings: I am really liking how the Vikings' roster is shaping up. Their offense seems ready to run the ball as usual and I believe they will be a better passing team as well. Any sort of passing game will  help Adrian Peterson return to MVP form. Their defense should get a lot better as they drafted a few guys to come in and make an impact on the team. They did lose Jared Allen on defense but they have a few young guys that are emerging as potential pro bowlers. The Vikings will improve from their 5-10-1 season last year. I expect them to go 9-7 and hopefully be competing for a wild card spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment